THE CLARION-LEDGER’S BEST OF THE BEST 2015
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. During the Entry Period that begins at 12:01 am (CT) July 25, 2015 and ends at 11:59 pm (CT) September 1, 2015 you can enter by one of two ways – online at www.bestofthebest.clarionledger.com or by mail by cutting out a Best of the Best 2015 Official Ballot that will be published in Thursday, Saturday and Sunday editions of The Clarion-Ledger and Tuesday editions of the Madison County Herald and Rankin Ledger and Wednesday editions of the Hinds Ledger during the Entry Period, completing the Official Ballot and mailing it to: Best of the Best, c/o Marketing, 201 South Congress Street, Jackson, MS 39047. Mailed entries must be postmarked by September 1, 2015 and received by September 4, 2015. You may enter only once (1) either online or using the Official Ballot. To be eligible, entries must contain a minimum of 25 Best of Choices. No facsimiles or reproductions of ballots will be accepted. Multiple entries by means of software generated or other automated processes will be disregarded.
2. Eligibility. Subject to additional restrictions herein, The Clarion-Ledger’s Best of the Best 2015 is open to legal U.S. resident of Mississippi, 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of The Clarion-Ledger (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., and their respective affiliated companies and advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with any such employees or contractors are not eligible to enter or win.
3. Winner Selection. On or about September 15, 2015 one (1) Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received from the two combined means of entry.
4. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Winner will receive $1,000. Odds of winner depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance. On or about September 15, 2015 the Winner will be notified at the phone number or email address on winner’s entry from. Sponsor will call during regular business hours and will leave no messages. Failure to reach a winner by phone after three (3) attempts, or failure of winner to respond to email prize notification, or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize Winner must personally visit Sponsor’s office at 201 S. Congress Street, Jackson, MS 39201 within five (5) days of prize notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 am (CT) and 4:00 pm (CT) weekdays) and a valid photo identification may be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes a not redeemable for cash. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of taxes on prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit of release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
6. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
7. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
8. Sponsor. The Clarion-Ledger Best of the Best 2015 is sponsored by The Clarion-Ledger. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after September 29, 2015) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.bestofthebest.clarionledger.com/ or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules (as applicable), The Clarion-Ledger’s Best of the Best 2015, c/o Marketing, 201 South Congress, Jackson, MS 39047. If you have questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Sharee Lucius at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 601-961-7208.